After those yummy cheese bomb biscuits yesterday, I thought it was time to share where we eat – the dining room.
I know that some people do not ever use their dining room. At Casa de la Woodward, we eat at the dining room table every night. We don’t have room for a kitchen table, so this is where we eat all meals, work on projects and do paperwork. It’s also in the middle of the house, so I like to keep it looking neat and presentable. Difficult for such a hard-working room. More difficult because there is no landing zone in our house and it’s very easy to throw jackets and bags over the chairs.
But first, shall we check out the before? Okay. Twist my arm, why don’t you?
This is my very favorite before photo of all time. I mean, I just cannot make this stuff up. Someone ripped off the original batten boards. Then textured the walls (?) and added a gorgeous orangey-red to the bottom half. You know, for a little pizazz. Then, to really take it to the next level – they added green around the window trim.
And did you notice that someone added storm windows that don’t actually fit the windows. So they filled the space with a board? Genius.
I won’t even mention that ceiling fan. Oops. I just did.
So, we just added a little fairy dust and boom-kapow-wheeeeee … my favorite room in the house.
Let’s do that again. It was fun. Before.
And, today. This little corner is magical. And after this photo was taken, I realized that that flower was just a fake stick. Ha! I was wondering why all the leaves were dying but the flower looked as great as ever.
A few other shots of my favorite parts of the room – the curtains and the crown moulding.
And here’s the info you will ask me about if I don’t tell you now:
- Paint color: Martha Stewart Seal (color matched to Behr), trim is Ultra White Behr.
- Walls: Re-plastered and smoothed by Ryan, batten boards added by my dad, painted by me in semi-gloss Ultra White.
- Curtains: Made by me from Dwell Studio
- Black table, chairs and hutch: Handed down from my parents and painted by my grandmother and I (hutch and table/chairs). I’m strongly considering repainting them in a mid-gray now. Because I’m insane.
- High chair: Vintage via Craigslist. This will be grey in the near future.
- Corner hutch: Hand-me-down from my parents and painted white by me.
- Original hardwood floors: Refinished by Ryan.
- Rug: Hand-me-down from the in-laws.
- Sewing table: A Craigslist find.
- Printer’s tray: Found in Minneapolis and prettified by me.
- Woven shades: From JCPenney. I love me some Penney’s, but these are terrible. Don’t buy them.
Are you loving the transformation?
Linking to Serenity Now Weekend Bloggy Reading.
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.