A baby shower for a little bambino

Well, since our little man is 1/8 Italian, it was fitting that my wonderful coworkers threw us a fun bambino-themed baby shower at a local pizzeria this week. I’m really lucky to have a supportive department and so thankful for my coworkers. I’m quite aware that many people don’t feel the same way.

Over calzones and garlic bread, each of my coworkers brought a book for Baby Dub. I had to guess who brought which book. Some were relatively simple (Jodi is obsessed with Curious George), but others were trickier. I can’t wait to read the books to our little guy in a few months. He’s going to be a genius.

They also gifted me the wonderful Ergo carrier. It’s so fun to celebrate with people I care about. It’s a little strange to be on the other side of the shower planning, though.

And thanks to my friend Rebecca for all the planning she put into it. I love her so much, I’m willing to put this goober picture of me up on the blog for all the world to see.

One day closer to the arrival of the newest member of the Woodward clan. I’m thinking he’ll get plenty of love from these gals.

Comments

Awwwwww, what a great idea for a shower. I’m glad you plan to read to your boy from day 1, it’s important. Enjoy all those classics!

That’s so awesome! My Zumba ladies are throwing me a shower this weekend, and I’m so very excited. People generally think that since I have three boys, I’ve already got all the stuff I need – but the truth is, once your stuff goes through three kids, most of it is in need of replacement!

Aww, so fun! I’m glad you’re getting to enjoy some showers without all the work of putting them on! Although I’m sure your friends are feeling the pressure to match your amazing shower-throwing skills. I love the book idea!

4. Mom says

I’m so blessed that my wonderful daughter has so many friends! I’ve ALWAYS said, “Ya just can’t have too many girlfriends!” This proves to be another group of wonderful ladies that play a very special part in Kim’s life. Thanks for helping make her such an awesome lady!

Yeah for Pat the Bunny! It was one of our favorites!

Also, I can’t wait to hear how you like the Ergo–I think it is one of my few “must-buys” for Baby #2!

6. Caroline says

Thats so cute! I love the book guessing!

Also, i have had “The Going To Bed Book” memorized since Joseph was a llittle baby. It’s one of my favorite books that I reada to Joseph as a baby. I love Sandra Boynton, she is one of my fave baby/toddler authors, but boy her rhymes really stick with you! I like to spout off her books from memory as party entertainment… cuz I am strange like that.

7. Nicole @My Thrafty Life says

Cute! You got some great books! Just a suggestion on books, my fave was The Poky Little Puppy. :)

8. Kate @ zMOMbie.com says

I’ve heard great things about the Ergo from some of my mommy buddies. I never wanted to shell out the dough for one myself. Showers are the best!

9. Caroline Meyers says

Oh, and Mo Willems pigeon books are pretty fabulous as well. My favorite is “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus”. I’ve been considering using one of the books as artwork in my kids’ bathroom.

10. The Atwoods says

Oh your work looks like fun with all those sweet ladies! My department is all-female too, and I LOVE it! :) They have been like little mama’s and grandmama’s to me during this whole pregnancy – isn’t it so fun?!? :)

Oh you’re going to LOVE the Ergo! It was my favorite when my babies were babies and it’s still the best now that they’re toddler-ish.

And The Going To Bed Book is one of our most loved books, especially for bedtime. The end might have made me cry once or twice when I was rock rock rocking a baby to sleep.

Aw, how fun! Such a great idea for starting baby’s library. Those look like some great classics as well. My kids have loved many of those books.