- Light walls
- Navy blue, white and a little red
- Mixture of patterns, stripes and solids
- Classic furniture and lines in white and wood tones
- The map is probably my favorite part of the room – Ryan scored it on Craigslist for his wifey before we were pregnant for $50 or so. It’s a vintage pull-down map and it’s huge. The bottom is coming loose from the wood pull-down piece, so I need to do a little fixing. But, it’s pretty fantastic.
- We already have the dresser and we just ordered the Jenny Lind-style crib, courtesy of Ryan’s parents (in white, but I couldn’t find a good example for the picture above).
- As mentioned, we’ll repurpose the hutch my dad made for storage, use an old ladder that belonged to Ryan’s grandpa as blanket storage and reuse a wooden rocking chair from my childhood. I’m still not sure what’s getting painted and what’s staying natural at this point. I’ll figure it out once I see it in the room.
- The fabrics are mostly navy-ish blues and white, with a touch of red. I plan to use Dwell Studio Bella Porte in Twilight for curtains. (I’ll need curtains for the windows and closets.) I’m hoping to use polka dots for the bedding, with a splattering of some other fabrics. I have a white bed skirt that I’m hoping to repurpose for a crib skirt, ala Sarah at Five Camels.
What do you think?