- Light walls
- Navy blue, white and a little red
- Mixture of patterns, stripes and solids
- Classic furniture and lines in white and wood tones
- The map is probably my favorite part of the room – Ryan scored it on Craigslist for his wifey before we were pregnant for $50 or so. It’s a vintage pull-down map and it’s huge. The bottom is coming loose from the wood pull-down piece, so I need to do a little fixing. But, it’s pretty fantastic.
- We already have the dresser and we just ordered the Jenny Lind-style crib, courtesy of Ryan’s parents (in white, but I couldn’t find a good example for the picture above).
- As mentioned, we’ll repurpose the hutch my dad made for storage, use an old ladder that belonged to Ryan’s grandpa as blanket storage and reuse a wooden rocking chair from my childhood. I’m still not sure what’s getting painted and what’s staying natural at this point. I’ll figure it out once I see it in the room.
- The fabrics are mostly navy-ish blues and white, with a touch of red. I plan to use Dwell Studio Bella Porte in Twilight for curtains. (I’ll need curtains for the windows and closets.) I’m hoping to use polka dots for the bedding, with a splattering of some other fabrics. I have a white bed skirt that I’m hoping to repurpose for a crib skirt, ala Sarah at Five Camels.
What do you think?
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.