What style of house do we have?
(These are the things that keep me up at night…)
I’m leaning towards cottage style.
- Small and informal
- Tall, peaked roof
- Large, multipaned windows
- Wooden shingles (which is originally had)
- One story
- Usually rectangular
- Plain, usually without ornamentation
And finally, I read about Cape Cods:
- Steep roof with side gables
- One and a half stories, with one or more dormers
- Centered plan front door
- Hardwood floors
- Multipaned, double-hung windows with decorative shutters
Don’t they all kinda sound the same?
What do you think?
Solve my mystery!
(All photos and info from BH&G. Go here to check out all home styles.)