If you have been following along with our house-building adventure, you know that we have made lots of decisions – from the large to the minute.
Honestly, I think that’s the most most challenging part of building a house. So. Many. Decisions. And while I tried to remember the bigger picture, it was hard not to get caught up in tiny details. Because in isolation, every single design decision matters too much to phone it in.
But, in all honesty, things like toilet paper holders probably didn’t matter as much as, say, the heating and cooling system. So it has been an exercise in big picture thinking.
CHOOSING ENGINEERED WOOD SIDING
But one really important decision (and also one of our best, I think) was our decision to install LP SmartSide treated engineered wood siding on the exterior of the house.
We chose the siding for a variety of reasons, and we are still thrilled with the decision after almost a year. The style of siding and trim, along with the colors we chose, really makes the exterior the beautiful farmhouse we love.
We went with LP SmartSide siding, trim and shakes. The entire package has come together beautifully with our black aluminum-clad windows, too.
I actually wrote about our decision to install engineered wood siding last year, and now I’m back to share more insights and thoughts after living with it for a while. Here are a few reasons I love our LP Smart Siding:
Authenticity Of Engineered Wood Siding
- Wood siding feels authentic to an old farmhouse and has a traditional look.
- We love the look of the wider planks and the natural cedar texture.
- The options and styles (including cedar shakes, board and batten and lap siding)
Long-term wear of engineered wood siding
- This siding is made to last. LP SmartSide siding features an innovative, SmartGuard® manufacturing process for strength and to resist fungal decay and termites
- With wood, painting is always an option down the road. This just extends the life of the siding.
Quality of engineered wood siding
- It’s designed to last – and it withstands weather (which we see plenty of in the country). Harsh winter weather and wind are no match.
Cost of engineered wood siding
- An affordable price makes this quality work for our budget.
The hardest part was narrowing down the styles and colors. But now there’s a solution for that – the LP SmartSide Design Planner. You can upload your own home photo and spend as much time as you need playing with colors and styles of LP SmartSide siding, trim and fascia. You can even insert wood or brick into the pictures.
I really love the colors we chose, but I couldn’t resist playing with other color combinations.
It’s as simple as outlining the areas and playing with siding styles and colors.
> Giveaway has ended<
Thanks to LP Smart Side for sponsoring this post. Visit LP Smart Side to find a local retailer, get a quote or request a brochure. And thanks to NewlyWoodwards readers for supporting sponsors who make content like this possible.
MORE ABOUT OUR FARMHOUSE
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.