Ryan and I spent the weekend working on some projects – all are coming along quite nicely.
Ryan has been working on our new dresser for the bedroom – a great find and total steal for $35 from the nearby Salvation Army.
It’s quite lovely, right?
He stripped it and sanded it and then I painted it. After photos to come (hopefully tomorrow) when we put the new hardware on! But, I’m telling you, it looks darn good!
My projects were to paint some ceiling tiles for wall-art and to re-hab our vintage-y metal lawn chairs.
SHOWCASING the lawn chairs –
Both sets of 2 chairs were given to us – the white ones were Ryan’s parents (who also have given us a lot of other furniture – thanks JOYCE!) The green ones were in the shed at my papa’s. Who knows how long they had been there. When he saw the white ones, he brought me the green ones. I meant to sand and paint them last summer… but I didn’t. So, finally I decided it needed to be done. I used some sort of a sanding power tool (unfortunately, I didn’t get a photo of this, it doesn’t happen often). Then, I sanded them by hand and cleaned them off with soap and water.
I love them now! They are going to become our new patio set – we found a metal patio table at Lowe’s today and I’ll paint to match – or maybe leave it black. That will have to be another weekend project…