For those of you who love rooms of the baby variety, it’s time for the Addy room unveil. So those of you who are sick.and.flippin’.tired of Kim posting about a baby that isn’t even hers, now you get to see the baby’s room.
And, no. This doesn’t mean the NewlyWoodwards have baby fever. We’re perfectly content with a niece.
- It’s colorful and fun. Who doesn’t love Dr. Seuss?
- It’s appropriate for a boy or a girl.
- The furniture is all growable, meaning that most of it can totally fit in a older child’s room.
- It has lots of personal touches.
- While there’s a strong theme, it doesn’t feel cheesy. (No offense, but sometimes themes can err on the side of the cheese. Trust me. I’ve been there.) Not this room, it’s just class.
Some favorite deets:
- My sister-in-law found the awesome, huge rug on clearance for a song. (After waiting for 4 months on a back-ordered, very expensive wool rug. Things totally work out for the best, right?)
- Do you see that shelf above? The stuffed animals belonged to the new momma and daddy, and the quilt was made by grandma for their wedding. Isn’t that special?
- The pretty dresser (that I want to steal) came from my in-laws.
- The framed puzzles were put together for Addy by yours-truly for the baby shower. (And she can totally take them apart and use the puzzle pieces if she wants. You know, when she is a bit older. Like 5 weeks.)
- The dots on the wall are vinyl. Which means, totally removable.
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.