How will this crazy newlywed with unrestricted access to a keyboard wrap up the year?
It’s not easy. A lot has happened this year.
In nesting and marriage
– Ryan and Kim lived together for the first time, ever.
– Ryan taught Kim to save money (or at least took a stab at it).
– Ryan learned that it’s in his best interest to put clothes in the hamper and dishes in the dishwasher.
– Kim learned that having warm blankets in every room is a necessity when you live in the frozen tundra.
– We fell in love with San Francisco.
– We laughed at Dilbert daily.
– We laughed at each other and ourselves… daily.
– We bought a new car.
– We threw a housewarming party.
– We voted in a historic election.
– Kim put up 12 Christmas trees.
– Ryan rolled his eyes daily. Kim did too.
– Kim learned what a clove of garlic is.
– Ryan hung numerous shelves and frames.
– Kim made a homemade pie.
– Ryan finished the upstairs and we moved up to our new bedroom.
– Ryan realized that just because the house was done, doesn’t mean it’s really done forever.
– Franco and Lola rocked Halloween.
– Lola joined the Woodward clan. She took over the house approximately two weeks after her arrival.
– Franco stole the remote approximately 6,543,204 times.
– The dogs continue to steal our hearts.
– We started a blog.
– Kim took over the blog.
– Ryan coined the term, “blogworthy” and “blog that sh*t!”
– The blog took over Kim (and Ryan, too… but he won’t admit it).
So – Thank you all for reading about our newlywed adventures in 2008. We started the blog to document our lives, never realizing how therapeutic it would become. Having people out there that actually bother to visit here makes this fabulous outlet just a little better.
Thanks. Happy New Year!
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.