I laughed out loud when I read Baltimore Rowhouse this morning because it brought me back to our renovation days.
As our home renovations have come to a close for 2008 (but don’t think Ryan will get off that easy – his wife is already formulating a growing list of improvements for 2009), let’s talk about the times that we were not so blessed – relaxing all weekend, visiting friends and watching television. Let’s get a little sentimental and talk about how you can be sure that renovations have taken over your life – as they did ours.
9. When your backyard landscaping consists of a pile of rubble.
8. When it seems reasonable to retrofit a workbench out of almost anything…. even an old door.
7. When the only friends you have to take photos of are the Lowe’s guys, delivering appliances.
6.When walking up and down these stairs was neither scary nor avoidable.
5.When watching the boys work on the house became better than anything you can watch on TV (as if you ever watched any TV).
4. When Wendy’s knows you by voice, name and order because you eat off the Dollar Menu every night.
3. When this was where you eat dinner, because it is the cleanest place you can find.
2.When your idea of an exciting Friday night consists of a power tool and new bathroom fixtures.
1. When this is the only working sink in your house.
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.