August – the last official month of summer. Last month was full of lots of summer fun – we took some road trips, did some swimming and spent lots of time outside. It was also a very productive month at the Woodwards – including work in the kitchen, Henry’s room and the yard. We have been checking a lot off the list, which feels really good!
Here’s a little of what we were up to.
August highlights …
Here are a few favorites from the month:
I’m sharing the books I read each month because I love to see what books people love and partially because I think reading actually does make me a less vile person – thus leading to my goal of kindness. Maybe it’s convoluted. The links with to the books are affiliate links on Amazon, in case you want to buy any of the books I’ve read.
- Bearing Hope by Olivia Ryan (review on Goodreads)
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler (review on Goodreads)
- Me before you by Jojo Moyes (review on Goodreads)
Sharing the love …
When it comes to kindness, I want to be the person who encourages and uplifts the talents of others. Here are a few things I’ve really been inspired by this month …
- DIY circular patio at Brooklyn Limestone
- Basement renovation at Russet Street Reno
- Chalk paint pumpkins at Anderson + Grant
- Kids’ height chart at Go Haus Go
A few things that helped us make it through the month:
- First is the Burst necklace (My new favorite statement necklace.)
- Pier One Antler Wreath (Everyone needs some antlers this autumn. Kim law.)
- French onion dip (Putting on my cold weather layer with a little help from ruffles potato chips and this dip)
- DQ’s Mocha Moolatte (Seriously. Two food items on one list. But this puppy is better than The Starbucks.)
Next month …
It’s the official start of fall routines – Henry starts preschool this week and I’m looking forward to getting back into a routine. I’m also looking forward to cooling temperatures and everything fall has to bring.