You thought that the patriotic decor ended on the outside of the barn? You would be wrong.
The space may be tiny, but it’s singing God Bless America all the same.
You may recall that much of our stuff is in storage? Well, that just means I have to make new stuff. Darn.
I whipped up this cute little sign in less than 2o minutes over the weekend. It was so simple that I want to make more more more.
My quick and simple instructions:
- I found a barn board and cut it to size. (Yes, I did this myself. I’m finding that I’m not half-bad with the circular saw.)
- I had this patriotic subway art design from the Silhouette store and I simply cut it on vinyl to use as a stencil.
- Then, I used a paint I had in my (overflowing) paint stash to paint it.
- When I picked off the vinyl stencil, I had the great barn board left behind.
Then, I finished up this America artwork I created at craft night two months ago.
This piece was made with a variety of materials, which I think turned out great.
- First, I cut America on adhesive back paper (essentially making each state a sticker).
- I used colored pencils to make each state a different pattern.
- Then, I stuck them onto the painted board and covered everything in mod podge.
- Finally, I cut this design from the Silhouette Design Store on navy blue vinyl and attached. I finished it off with matte mod podge.
These two pieces make a subtle statement in our living room built-ins. While I’m borderline red and blue obsessed, I love the subtle feel to this.
I also added a few other pieces to the kitchen – I purchased the galvanized USA map from ItsASchmollWorld and the cutie pie little camper from my2heARTstrings. (I painted the board blue and attached the map to it for a little contrast.)