Well, we have a house plan. And I couldn’t be any more excited about it.
You may remember I shared that we met with a home designer last month. It took a few weeks, but he came back with a home plan that Ryan and I can really envision us living.
One of our main goals was to build a house that looked like it could have been an old farmhouse. I think it totally fits the bill.
There were some changes that we made, but here’s the preliminary house plan.
He really did such a nice job filling all of our request. He tried to temper my expectations about the upstairs. Like, maybe three bedrooms and a bath and laundry room wouldn’t fit. But, then, he did it.
Things I’m so excited about:
- The front of the house is pretty much my dream. I love the centered French doors with the transom.
- A MUDROOM!!! Killing me with awesome.
- The open floor plan – I will be able to see the television from the kitchen. Life. Complete.
- A bathroom off the mudroom, so no one (pets included) has any reason to track mud through the house.
- An attached garage. This is a luxury I’ve never had. Winters will be no match for me.
- Skylights and high ceilings upstairs.
- 3 bedrooms upstairs.
- Tons of closet space.
- Upstairs laundry – which we had in our first house and loved. So convenient.
I mean, I could go on and on. I am so happy with this floor plan. It covered nearly everything and then some. And he thought of tons of practical things that will work for our family.
We have just a few small changes (door placement, added windows, etc.). And then we should be good to go. I’m really happy with how the garage looks – it looks like a subtle addition.
Loving that little bump out for the dining room nook.
So, that’s where we’re at for our house plan journey.
What do you think?
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.