Well, we have a house plan. And I couldn’t be any more excited about it.
You may remember I shared that we met with a home designer last month. It took a few weeks, but he came back with a home plan that Ryan and I can really envision us living.
One of our main goals was to build a house that looked like it could have been an old farmhouse. I think it totally fits the bill.
There were some changes that we made, but here’s the preliminary house plan.
He really did such a nice job filling all of our request. He tried to temper my expectations about the upstairs. Like, maybe three bedrooms and a bath and laundry room wouldn’t fit. But, then, he did it.
Things I’m so excited about:
- The front of the house is pretty much my dream. I love the centered French doors with the transom.
- A MUDROOM!!! Killing me with awesome.
- The open floor plan – I will be able to see the television from the kitchen. Life. Complete.
- A bathroom off the mudroom, so no one (pets included) has any reason to track mud through the house.
- An attached garage. This is a luxury I’ve never had. Winters will be no match for me.
- Skylights and high ceilings upstairs.
- 3 bedrooms upstairs.
- Tons of closet space.
- Upstairs laundry – which we had in our first house and loved. So convenient.
I mean, I could go on and on. I am so happy with this floor plan. It covered nearly everything and then some. And he thought of tons of practical things that will work for our family.
We have just a few small changes (door placement, added windows, etc.). And then we should be good to go. I’m really happy with how the garage looks – it looks like a subtle addition.
Loving that little bump out for the dining room nook.
So, that’s where we’re at for our house plan journey.