I feel sort of silly sharing this recipe, because it’s so simple I don’t even know if I can legally call it a recipe.
Any lawyers out there?
But, it’s so yummy and one of my favorite recipes for entertaining, so here goes. You can mix the topping ahead of time and let it marinate in the fridge. You can even toast your bread ahead of time (which I do by slicing thin and putting under the broiler for a few minutes).
Then, it’s just a matter of topping the bread with the tomato mixture. And for some reason, people go nuts over this. Including me – because I ate my weight in bruschetta last week.
Easy fresh bruschetta
1. Mix gently in a bowl:
- 3-5 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 t balsamic vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 t Italian seasoning (or some fresh basil and oregano, if I have it)
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I like to use Krazy Salt)
2. Refrigerate the mixture until ready to serve.
3. Slice a loaf of Italian bread and toast under the broiler until light brown.
4. When ready to serve, simply add a spoonful of the tomato mixture to the top of each slice of toast. (You can also add cheese, but I promise you it isn’t necessary.)
Are you a bruschetta fan, too?
Check out other SIMPLE recipes on our recipes gallery.