Also known as my new favorite lunch.
I recently became a quinoa lover. It’s strange because I had never bought it or eaten it until this year. It began with a local lunch place with a killer salad bar. They had quinoa salad that is truly TO-DIE-FOR. I would eat it every day. But because I can’t do that, I set out to make it myself.
First, I tried this fabulous Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing from Ambitious Kitchen. Seriously – that recipe is delicious. But, it’s more company quinoa, if you know what I mean. I made it for Mother’s Day and it was a killer side dish.
This Greek quinoa, on the other hand, is the everyday quinoa. The quinoa recipe that is perfectly content to see you in your yoga pants and no makeup. It’s quick. It’s simple. It’s delicious. It’s also versatile – I throw whatever I have in the fridge in there and it’s great every time.
Greek quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olives (really, any kind will do)
- Feta cheese
- (Optional add-ins: artichoke hearts, onion, chickpeas, chicken)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- Krazy salt (or salt and pepper)
- Rinse and cook 1 cup quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Slice all extra ingredients and store in airtight packages in the fridge.
- For lunches, simply divide quinoa evenly and top with sliced cucumber, tomatoes, olives and feta. Right before eating, whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar with oregano and krazy salt, to taste. Pour dressing over salad and mix.
Not only is this lunch tasty, it’s practical because it lasts me four days. Which means I only have to make my lunch once a week. It’s also packed with good stuff, so I don’t feel guity eating every last bite. And the dressing gives the quinoa wonderful flavor.
Just delish – I hope you’ll try it and let me know what you think.
Here are a few other quinoa recipes I plan to try soon:
- Quinoa caprese salad from Amanda at Serenity Now.
- Black bean quinoa salad from Julia at My Life in Transition.
- Quinoa produce salad from Lyndsay at Perfecting the Pairing.