Since I talked yesterday about ways to make your bathroom an oasis, I thought I should give you a full tour of our one and only bathroom. I’ve never really done a comprehensive post with before and after images. And despite it being practically as small as is legally allowable, it’s not all that short of a tour.
What do you think? Shall we start at the beginning?
In addition to just being disgusting, this bathroom was not at all functional. The claw foot tub, while really cool, didn’t have the room to add a shower because of the wall. The radiator and cover took up way too much space in the room. And the carpet? Don’t even get me started on the carpet.
However, I did like how they went with a two-toned vanity. Very chic.
And then this happened. (I know all of you will ask me what we did with the claw foot tub. It went to a friend of ours for their future bathroom remodel.)
And then we were told by the city that we had to redo all the plumbing. (Grumble, grumble, curse.) So this happened.
Yadayadayada …. lots of work and two years later …. alacadabra. (Sources and links at the bottom.)
Here’s all the info I could find:
- Paint color: Valspar Gravity (shamelessly copied from my buddy Decor and the Dog)
- Vanity: DIY painted vanity hand-me-down from my in-laws
- Medicine cabinet: Zenith wood medicine cabinet from Home Depot
- Flooring: Hex tiles from American Olean Tile Company in black and white (check out our how-to post for laying a hexagon tile floor on Remodelaholic) (Note: the white grout is TERRIBLE to keep clean, despite being sealed. I wouldn’t do that again.)
- Shower tile: Simple subway tile from Lowes
- Sink faucet: Vintage tub (Note: the “hot” and “cold” labels popped out almost immediately, not thrilled with this faucet.)
- Tub faucet: Price Pfister (Note: I love this set.)
- Sconces: Barnlight Electric (More about that purchase.)
- Overhead light: Vintage schoolhouse light purchased on a trip to Gilded Salvage Antiques in Minneapolis
- Shower curtain: Black waffle weave shower curtain from Bed Bath and Beyond with an added strip of fabric
- Curtains: DIY curtains with Metro Living Tile Black
- Towel hooks and metal shelf: IKEA
- W towel: West Elm
- Gray rug: Target