We have owned our house for two years and lived in it for a year. And most of that time, we haven’t had proper house numbers.
Wait. I guess there were house numbers on the door and mailbox when we bought it. I must have been distracted by all the ugly.
We’re lucky that our mail lady delivered the mail to our house. It looks like something out of a horror flick.
We have taken on a host of projects, like ripping out the bushes, basic landscaping, removing railroad ties, tearing off the railings, removing the shutters and the horrible storm door, replacing the glass in the original window on the door and painting the door, replacing the windows and aluminum trim, painting the siding, cleaning and painting the porch floor, replacing the mailbox and installing and painting the porch railings.
But until now. No pretty house numbers.
All that set-up to say that we now have house numbers.
I originally had big plans to put lovely oil-rubbed bronze numbers on the railing post. But the numbers I bought were wonky and Ryan vetoed them. So, back to the drawing board. And I simply cut white vinyl numbers on my Silhouette (only the second time I’ve used it in 2 years – the first time was when I used it for nursery art).
Anyhoo… this was one of those projects that I’m kicking myself for putting off. Because it kind of adds a little pizzaz to the pretty porch and draws attention to the original door, which is fabulous, in my opinion.
I also planned to add our name and house numbers to the mail box, but I couldn’t get the Silhouette to cut well on the vinyl with the small letters. So, I gave up. Maybe I’ll get back to it in a few years.
We wouldn’t want to rush these things.