A book-themed baby shower

I know one thing – our little guy has lots of people who love and will spoil him. Case in point – another fun baby shower last weekend. It was thrown by my beautiful friends Emily and Shelly and it was a book and library theme.
The invites were just too adorable. Shelly got them on Etsy and they looked like library cards. They may very well be my favorite invites ever.
When I arrived, the room was just too perfect. It was held at a local restaurant with tons of charm. (And darn good food.)

Emily decorated the tables with kraft paper-covered books, children’s book tale runners and little terra cotta pots.

I loved all the little details.

And let’s just say that we will have plenty of book options for our baby boy. There were books everywhere and everyone brought a book for us to start his library. (I’ll have to share a picture of his overflowing book rack.)

We played a few different games. Even the game cards were library themed. I love myself a cohesive theme.

Everyone also decorated a sheet of paper with one letter from the ABCs on it. Emily is putting all these sheets together in a book for our baby boy, which is just too fun.

To say I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends and family members since finding out we were expecting is a major understatement. After this shower, I have been reminded of how lucky we are and how wonderful the people in our lives are.

I don’t think this baby (or this momma) is going to want for anything. And after unloading all that gear, I needed a massage and a nap. Yikes! Babies sure do come with a lot of things.

Only seven or so weeks to go!

Do you love this book shower theme as much as I do?

Comments

How fun! That is such a cool shower theme . . . I LOVE it, and little man is going to love checking out all those books as he gets older! What great friends you have :-) You look fantastic!

Had such a wonderful time at the shower! The hosts did a wonderful job. Sometime when you get a chance do you mind emailing me the picture of us with your present. Thanks.

Oh, how cool! Your friends did an amazing job.
    I hope you got all the best books. Can’t wait to see a picture of the bookshelf!

This is one of the cutest themes out there, I love it. And the invites are awesome. We received books instead of cards for one of my showers and it was the best move ever. There are still books we haven’t gotten to yet. My advice is to take the non-board books and any with movable pieces and store them away where that little rugrat won’t be able to get them. Babies like eating books. They’ll just sit there and suck away, gnawing at the spine. It’s sorta gross but then again, most things babies do are gross.

But yay books! :)

What an ADORABLE idea!!! I love children’s books. I am a total book hoarder. I’m always combing yard sales for them. Have you signed Baby Woodward up for the Imagination Library yet? My kids love it. :)

YES!! We did books instead of cards also for our baby shower. I will say, not everyone got it and brought a card and book. But I love childrens books, so it was my favorite part of the gifts.

Such a FUN idea! Reading to/with your child is a wonderful gift you can give them. Your friends did a great job with the theme and decorations and it looked like everyone had a good time. (And you look GREAT–definitely have that pregnancy glow!)

8. Arizona Lainey says

God has blessed you with some very special friends. And you, in turn, have blessed them with your friendship. It was a fabulous weekend and they put on an AWESOME shower. I’m so lucky to have been included in this wonderful event. Thanks Emily & Shelly!

9. Caroline says

I absolutely adore this theme for a baby shower!! It makes me so, so happy! I think I am going to add it to my “must do this for someone in the future” list. I am so glad Baby W has his own library collection! Your frieends did a super job with the decorations – that table runner is flipping amazing! And you look terrific!

Oh, how adorable! Such a cute, cute theme for a shower.. every last touch on the table was so well executed.

Great job, hosts and friends! :)

Oh my Goodness!! What wonderful friends you have – they put a lot of thought and hard work into your shower and it shows :) Baby W will be so loved – and it’s getting close!! He’ll be here before you know it!

this is SUCH a cute shower theme! books are the best!! you have some really amazing friends it seems who have quite an eye for detail. and you look gorgeous!

13. The Atwoods says

Your friends are the most creative bunch I have ever seen – what a great shower theme! I’m so glad that you a your little one are being blessed with all the love and presents!