Nursery pinwheel mobile

When thinking about a nursery mobile, I wanted a few things -
  • Something that would bring in some more pattern to the room.
  • Something that was interesting from the crib perspective, instead of just pretty for an adult to look at from outside the crib.
  • Something that isn’t too cheesy or girly.
  • I also wanted it to be cheap. Cause that’s the way I roll.

I think I managed on all fronts with this super sweet pinwheel mobile that’s perfect for the room. Again, the inspiration came from the fabulous pinwheel mobile by Jenny at Anything Pretty.
It’s incredibly hard to photograph, but I love all the patterns. And the pinwheels spin and look really cool from below. So, I’m sure this will mean that our little guy will just let his mom and dad sleep in while he watches the pinwheels. Right, right?

Here’s a side shot, which shows the hardware used. (From Amazon.) And after buying it, Ryan’s aunt Joanell brought me the exact same hardware from a coworker who reads this little ol’ blog in Tennessee. (HI, HEATHER! Thanks for the gifts.) So, now I may need to make another pinwheel mobile for the room now. I’ve almost forgotten how much of a pain it was to cut out all those pinwheels.

Which, by the way – the pinwheels were a PAIN to cut. (I used this pattern from Heather Bailey.) But, I think it was worth it. I ended up printing off the patterned paper from Sprik Space. You choose the patterns you like and print them in the color you like. For free! This made the project very cheap, when paired with solid cardstock.

I used brads to attach them together. I may add a circle to cover the brads. Okay, let’s be honest. I won’t.
For now, it’s just hanging from the fan. Until I decide where the crib will live.
What do you think of my budget-friendly mobile?

Comments

Awesome job, Kim (as usual). I’m all about baby-stimulating mobiles. We don’t have one yet but this is a project I’ve been thinking about. Though at this point I might be better off buying one from Etsy.

Can’t wait to see more nursery updates!

That’s so adorable! I love it! I’m seriously loving how the nursery is coming together–I think I want to copy just about everything you’ve done for Forrest’s room :-) And I always thought, pre-baby, that the mobile was mostly for show, just as decor, babies really do love staring up at them, so he really might let you sleep while he just checks it out! Fingers crossed . . .

3. Tara @ Tara Being Tara says

I love it!! I think it has great motion, and it a little bit reminds me of birds? I love it!

It is wonderful. I love the colors. I was thinking of making one for my new little, but I could not find a cute one to go with the ABC theme I have in the room.

Those pinwheels take friggin forever to trace/cut but they are all so worth it! I love this….the navy looks fabulous. And the wire hanger thing makes me want to restring ours. Almost.

Baby boy Woodward will love looking at it. And the room is coming together perfectly!

6. Sugarr2518 says

How cute is that! It matches perfectly with the rest of your decor. I’m sure the baby will just love it:)

I think I’m going to copy this for over the changing table. It looks like a project I can do while sitting down. Which, let’s face it, is better for everyone involved right now. ;)

8. yeoldesandwichshoppeva says

These are so much fun. I love all the mixed patterns. The little man is going to love watching them spin! I’m almost tempted to follow suit, but I have a moravian star mobile that I put together when Joseph was born… and given my time constraints, I’ll probably stick with it ;).