Paint colors and quilts

I know you have been waiting impatiently (since yesterday) for the paint choices for the nursery. Have no fear, friends. This important piece of nursery progress puzzle is here today.

I originally painted the room Sherwin Williams Ellie Gray. But because the room doesn’t get much natural light, I have always thought it was too dark and cave-like. Since we’re changing the room up for our baby boy – paired with the fact that my mother-in-law offered to paint for me – we can finally change the color.

The colors I narrowed it down to – top: MS Sharkey Grey; bottom: Behr Potter’s Clay.

Yep – they are pretty much the same. Which I found out once I opened both samples and forgot which lid was which.  And that makes it pretty difficult to actually CHOOSE a color.

I think I figured it out. Okay, Ryan figured it out. And I think I’m going to go with the Sharkey Grey. Or Potter’s Clay. Whatever it is. It should really brighten up the room.

Comments

I like the star one and the one with the teals and blues. Whatever you choose, you can be sure that baby will be sleeping soundly.
    Enjoy every moment!

As a University of Alabama fan, I thoroughly support your Houndstooth choice! Baby W is going to have a chic, cozy and handsome nursery! Can’t wait to watch the progress going forward!

<3 A

I’m loving the gray! You have such nice taste–I love the simple, classic style you’re going for. I don’t like “froofy” nurseries, even for girls and DEFINITELY not for baby boys. And some ladies go too far and try to make boys’ rooms all ultra-manly and tough-looking . . . I don’t know, I just like your style. Timeless! And baby quilts are one of my favorite things in the world–I love all your options and I sincerely hope you make all 6 ;-)

4. Brandi @ His Shabby Her Chic says

Love the paint color choices! It’s going to brighten up the room for sure!

Seriously in love with the houndstooth and the zig zag quilt. I might just have to make one. Another place for awesome quilts (if you don’t know) is http://www.ohfransson.com. She has a ton of quilt designs and patterns for free.

You’ll have all 6 of them whipped up before the week-end is over. I can feel it.

I totally don’t know where this week went because I just realized that you and I were going to meet for supper. Let me know about next week. This week turned crazy. Except for tonight. I’m just lazy. :P

6. Nicole @My Thrafty Life says

Gosh I love quilts so much. I still sleep with the one my grandmother made for me as a little girl. I love all those patterns, I can’t wait to see what you make!

Nicole

Ahh, love the paint, it’s totally going to brighten the space. And I adore the quilt options. I mean, I knew I would, but wow. So beautiful.

You know I’m a big fan of a gray nursery! And I love the houndstooth quilt. I have no doubt that you will be more productive than I was and actually finish the quilt before the baby’s 9-month birthday! Hope you’re feeling great!

Oh my GOD those quilts are just…so amazing I don’t even have words. I can’t even begin to imagine being talented enough to make one of those. You blow me AWAY with your skills, lady.

10. Lauren says

I love the paint color you picked. And I LOVE the houndstooth quilt! I can’t wait to see nursery progress.. especially now that you have the crib!