It’s 2012, baby!

It’s time for 2012 goals…. but first, let’s quickly recap 2011 goals.

I went with more concrete goals for the year. Overall, I think I did rather well. (Although not so well in the health section.)

enjoy Take a family photo in the fall. Make digital albums for each of the first 3 years of our marriage. Organize photos, scan and back up. Make a blog book. Go on two trips. Practice taking better photos. create Finish a quilt. Make a list of sewing/crochet/crafting projects and make something for us every month. Refinish the sewing table. Build a piece of furniture with Ryan. Make myself an item of clothing. home Finish the new house. Sell our current home. Move into our new home. Get on a regular cleaning schedule. learn Finish my MBA. Finish my designation. cook Make a new recipe every month. Cook a vegetarian meal each week. Eat at home at least 3 days/week. save Keep the budget every month. Get debt-free. Live on one paycheck by year’s end. health Run 5 miles without stopping. Work out at least 12 days/month. Find a tennis partner and play. grow Have a garden despite the moving situation. Preserve produce. misc. Send thank-you notes regularly. Purge things we don’t need or use.

As for 2012, I’m going with just one goal…
Have a baby!

(Ryan got me this ornament for Christmas from Etsy. My baby belly isn’t quite so big. Yet.)

That’s right … the NewlyWoodwards are having a baby. I figured it’d be silly to make any other goals for 2012. I think this is a big enough change for the year.

Baby W is due in June, which means we’re about 16 weeks along. So far, so good on the pregnancy front. Outside of extreme exhaustion and worthlessness in the way of productivity, I’ve been feeling pretty good.

Needless to say, there will be lots to do in the upcoming months. While I don’t plan to make this blog baby-central, I hope you’ll understand that I’ve got baby on the brain, and some of our projects will definitely center around that. But that doesn’t mean that we won’t still be the same ol’ NewlyWoodwards – renovating, gardening, crafting and writing all about the journey.

So, did you have a feeling something was brewing around here?
(And also, any helpful books and websites for parents-to-be would certainly be welcome.)

Comments

1. KatiePerk says

WOOWOO! So excited for you guys! I loved Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. It is a quick, honest & hilarious read. But as for informative books, I also liked the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy! Hope you are feeling great!!

2. *claire* says

YAYAYAYAYAY!!! i’ve been waiting for this one for so long!!! you’re going to be a wonderful mom and i can’t wait to see what projects you have in store for preparing for baby. take it easy and share away! soooooo excited for you!! it’s a new wave of babies in the blogosphere it seems! :)

3. Rita Templeton says

OMG! SOOOOO many huge congratulations to you guys!!! I’m due in June too – June 8th!! We’re pregnancy buddies?!?! Sorry for all the extraneous punctuation, but this is so beyond awesome. :)

4. Diana says

Congratulations! I kind of figured that this was coming for you. I cannot wait to read all about your nursery and, of course, the quilt!

5. Shannon says

Yay the news is out!I’m so happy for you guys. You’re gonna be the best mom around, I just know it. As far as books, I liked Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy and hated the alarmist What to Expect. Oh but I do recommend What to Expect When Your Expected: from the fetus’s point of view…or something like that.

6. Gia says

Congratulations!! HOnestly…I was suspect. I have no idea why, lol. I didn’t read much. I kept Pregnancy Week by Week handy, but everything else made me too crazy. My girlfriends were the best source of knowledge!

7. Mrs. 5C says

CONGRATULATIONS, GUYS!!!! :):):) I’m so excited for you! I’ve officially decided June babies are the best and I’m only very slightly biased. ;)

8. Emily says

Yayayayayay! Cannot wait for baby W to get here! I swear by Baby Bargains (book) and a beer every night for sanity and milk supply in that first month post-partum. Those are my awesome parenting tips.

9. LizzieBeth says

You know, last week I was thinking to myself “I wonder if Kim is planning on having a baby soon”. Kid you not.

Stay far away from What to Expect. I was a big fan of Your Pregnancy Week by Week.

If you have any questions about being pregnant… well, don’t ask me. I sucked at it ;) If you need any help with registering or rec’s for baby gear, please feel free to ask!.

AHHHHHHH, I am so excited for you!
    LB

10. Chris says

Congrats! Everything you guys have been doing has been leading up to this. I can’t wait to follow along on your adventure. Years (YEARS!) ago, I enjoyed The Magic Years. It’s by a psychologist and its about baby brain development and why they do some of the hard-to-understand things they do..

11. Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst says

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! Having just had one, I can vouch for your one goal being an awesome (and very realistic) goal. I really liked what to expect when you’re expecting, the weekly emails from babycenter and my due date message board on the bump.com I don’t think I ever posted, but there was always someone with the same random symptom I was wondering about. That helped calm a lot of my first time fears. Hope that helps, and again, congrats!

12. Rachel says

Hurray hurray hurray! I’m so happy and excited for you two! What an exciting announcement! You’ll probably get advice out the wazoo (and maybe are already tired of hearing it!), but here’s my 2 cents: I don’t know where exactly in the QC you are, but I really loved the midwives at The Group (especially Pam, who delivered Forrest–she is an angel!). I did not have (or want) a natural birth, but I really loved the midwives there and the low-stress, easygoing, “what do YOU, the patient, think?” attitude and approach. Also, I think Dr. Ferber’s Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems is the ONLY baby book worth your time. Seriously, I have read eeevvvveeeerrryy baby book out there. Don’t waste your time on any but that one ;-)

Yay for Baby Woodward!

13. Jenny says

How exciting! Conratulations!! I’ve kinda been waiting for this… but haven’t suspected anything! Are you going to find out what you’re having?

14. Liz @ It's Great To Be Home says

YayYayYay!!! Welcome to the baby bandwagon!!!! :) Isn’t it so fun already?!? I’m so excited for you and Ryan! I haven’t really been doing parenting/birthing research – it seems everyone just wants to freak you out, or maybe that’s just my perception. So far I’m just enjoying the weekly babycenter.com emails and whatever random information my friends and family throw my way. We’ll see how that goes! :) Congrats again, you two!! (Or should I say, you three?!?)

15. Emily says

Ohhhhhhhh congrats!!!! I had a sneaky feeling that this announcement was coming at some point. Hooray for a June baby- June is a great month to be born. :) Congrats!!!!

16. Ally says

Congrats! That is such great news!LOVE babies. And your pinterest HAS been pretty nursery focused as of late :0)I wasthinking it wouldn’t be too long.

If you want a natural birth you should take the bradley method! http://www.bradleybirth.com. (I teach it. SO biased ;0)

Give the new Papa a big high 5 for me. Go Ryan!

17. Farming Mama says

Congrats! And what a great goal for the year, really, what is more important than that?! :) I really like the Dr Sears website and books, I found them really informative in the first months and whenever we have an issue now the website is one of my first go-to’s.
    katy

18. Leah says

Congrats! I knew it! Or at least I was just thinking that it would be about time. :) lol.

Read “what to expect when ur expecting” and I like babycenter.com for other info as well.

-L

19. Leigh says

YAY!!!!!! I had a feeling…not sure why, but just had a suspicion. I’m so so very happy for you and Ryan. I can’t wait to see all the new projects. Congrats. Glad things are off to a good start.

20. Tara @ Tara Being Tara says

SOOOOO FUN — congrats Woodwards!! What a fun year this will be for you guys! Can’t wait to read about it!

21. Kristi says

So, so, so excited for the two of you!! You are going to enjoy the parenthood journey so much!! I can’t wait to see all of the creative goodness that will be coming our way!!
    Blessings to the THREE of you!

22. DecorandtheDog says

Phew. I’m so glad you made this blog official. I’ve had to erase quite a few comments so I didn’t spill your secret. I’m bad with secrets. I should have told you that before. :P

Congrats again!!

And that ornament is hilarious.

23. Lauren says

YAY!!!!! I’m so excited for you and Ryan! You are going to be an awesome mom and will have an AMAZING nursery!!! Congrats!!!!! :D

24. erin says

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see posts about baby W!

I liked the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. I have What to Expect When You’re Expecting, but What to Expect the First Year is more useful. I also bought Dude You’re Going to be a Dad for my husband.

If you’re going to breastfeed I would recommend getting a book and read it BEFORE you have the baby. If there is a breastfeeding class available I would also recommend taking one! There is a LOT to learn!

The websites I use most are babycenter, dr. sears and kellymom (for breastfeeding).

25. p schrader says

Congratulations! I’m so so happy for you both! I haven’t liked any of the pregnancy books I read or baby books I’m reading very much. My best advice is to find a doctor/midwife/nurse/whatever who you really, really, really trust and just go with what they say, but don’t stress about the little symptoms, etc.

26. Tammy says

Congratulations!

The Baby Bargain Book will help you save a ton of money on baby stuff! Buy only what you need. Babies grow so fast and people waste tons of money on unnecessary items!

Happy New Year!

27. Aubrey says

Congratulations! June is such a wonderful time to have a baby! I am expecting my third around the same time! I have kept a pregnancy journal for each of my pregnancies, but the only pregnancy related books I cracked open were baby names books! My mom and some friends who had already had babies were a wonderful source of information. I did read, “So that’s what they’re there for” or something like that about breastfeeding, which was helpful. Congrats again, and can’t wait to see your journey into parenthood unfold on your blog!

28. Joi says

So beyond excited and happy for you. For some reason I thought your announcement would be next. : ) Can’t wait for all the updates…I’m just a few weeks ahead of you. Pregnancy is quite the journey!

29. SarahKL says

YAY!!!! I’m so sooooo excited for you guys! As a newbie to the mommy world, I can be even more excited because I know what amazing joy lies ahead!! Congrats and I can’t wait to read ALL about it!

30. Ellie says

YAY! That’s exactly what I said out loud just now when I read your exciting news! You always look so happy with other people’s babies and I’m glad you get your own! YAY!

31. Brooke says

Congratulations!!! I do enjoy a good pregnancy/baby blog so go ahead and turn it into baby central. I love that ornament, how very thoughtful is your husband, especially to venture on etsy :-)

32. Caroline says

Dude! DUDE!!!

I’m so very, very excited for you guys! BABIES EVERYWHERE!! You and 5Camels are due around the same time! That’s so great! EEEEE! That ornament is too cute! Way to go, Ryan!

When I saw the aqua/red nursery (adorable!) and quilt on Pinterest earlier today, I thought, “Hmm. I wonder if she’s preggers?” Then I checked your blog and started cracking up! Congratulations!!! I’m soooo happy for you! Can’t wait to see all the baby related projects!

33. The Brick Cottage says

Woohoo! Congratulations!!! I love the ornament. I hope you are feeling great! I can’t wait to read about your journey. I get chills every time I read baby announcements and birth stories these days. It’s awesome, just so very awesome!

34. Melissa says

Congratulations!!! Having a baby is life changing and so amazing! I can’t remember what life was like almost nine months ago before Logan was born! Can’t wait to follow you on this journey! :)

35. vanessa says

Congrats!! A baby is a great goal. It was my 2010 & 2011 goal and maybe in 2012 I can at least get pregnant. I can’t wait to see all of your ideas!

36. alexandjess says

Congratulations to you both!! What exciting news. I’m dying to know which room in the new house is going to be the future nursery and has it been started? We’ll all love those DIY and decor updates.

Also, will you spill the beans on your journey so far, especially how you announced to friends and family? Knowing you, it was something creative and cute!

Best wishes for a healthy and happy 6 more months!
    Jess

37. Meredith says

Oh Kim, what awesome news!!! For once I have to admit I had NO idea you were hiding this lil’ secret from us. :) A huge congratulations to you and Ryan and best of luck on the upcoming journey!
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

38. ashley morgan says

YAYYYY!!!! Congratulations! I completely fell off the blogging map when I had a baby, but you’re awesome enough to be an amazing mama and blogger :)Can’t wait to see it all unfold!

39. Mom says

I am the happiest person on the face of this Earth. Congratulations to the most wonderful daughter on Earth. I love you Angel!

40. Freckles Chick says

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!! I am so delayed in my commenting but that doesn’t change how incredibly excited & happy I am for you & R!! With your mad skills (you both are truly a power couple), Baby W is the luckiest darling in the world. I can’t wait to “meet” him/her!!

Motherhood is a wild ride but it truly stretches your love beyond belief. I can’t wait to hear all about your experiences!

Will be driving sloooowly by later tonight to take a peek at any nursery goings-ons. Thank goodness Quinn is too young to judge me.

Love ya, Kim!!!!

41. Melinda says

Congratulations. How lucky this baby will be to have you two for parents. Glad to hear you haven’t been sick. Tell Ryan he must take a couple of years off before renovating another house.

42. Dancy says

I am SO behind on blogs/blogging but I saw all that you were pinning and just had to come look to see if you’d made an announcement of any sort. LOL

CONGRATS!! Is it bad that my first thought (after congrats of course) was “damn, I can’t wait to see what they do for a nursery” haha!

43. kelliebelle says

Of course I suspected something was baking in the oven! All those baby quilts, and nursery-help decorating pictures, and baby shower pictures and Auntie Kim holding the baby pictures….if all that doesn’t give you baby fever nothing will, LOL!! Congrats again :)