Ryan and I just booked flights for our summer vacation – a road trip through the Pacific Northwest. And following the lead of my very smart friend Emily who is also visiting the area, I am asking for your help to plan our trip.
Here’s what we know:
- We’re flying into Seattle on a Saturday afternoon and flying out of San Francisco the following Saturday.
- We will rent a car to get from one end to the other.
- A day in Seattle, Washington
- A visit to Mt. St. Helens on the way
- A day in Portland, Oregon
- A drive down the coast of Oregon, hopefully stopping along the way to check out the best beaches, parks, hikes, lighthouses…. (any recommendations?)
- Stops in the Redwoods
- A day in San Francisco
We like to stay busy on vacations, so we’re totally okay with booking us all up! (We aren’t really the lounging and relaxing types. You may have noticed.) Ryan loves hiking and nature and I love cheesy tourist traps and great views. Neither of us have any shame about appearing to be 100 percent tourists. Strap on a fanny pack and tennis shoes and put a camera around my neck.
Who has recommendations?
- Must-see state parks and hikes
- Gotta-visit beaches and lighthouses
- Do-not-miss attractions
- Yummy and casual restaurants and eats (we aren’t really looking for anything fancy)
- Anywhere we can kayak or raft (but not a full day). I’ve always wanted to do this on vacation and never gotten the chance.
- Any budget-friendly tips.