YIKES! Before yesterday, I hadn’t blogged for five days. I have no excuse.
Actually… yes I do.
The Mojito… in all it’s glory.
I knew there was a good reason to have herbs on the deck.
I had never made a mojito myself, so I dialed up my best friend (Google) and found a simple recipe. Through intense research, I modified the recipe to suit my taste. Easy, refreshing and yum-tastic. A must have for any summer gathering. (Or if you are just feeling the urge for a cool drink on a warm day. No one will judge you for drinking it by yourself, right?)
-10 mint leaves
– 1 lime (juiced)
– 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
– One shot white rum
– Club soda
– Crushed ice
– Mint sprig for garnishing
1. Put the mint leaves into a tall glass and squeeze the lime juice over them.
2. Add the powdered sugar and muddle the mint, lime juice and sugar together. (If you don’t have the actual tool, the back end of a large utensil works well.) Add ice.
3. Stir in run and top off with club soda (to taste).
4. Garnish with mint sprig.
5. Enjoy it with all that is in you. No one will judge you. I promise.
I think I’ve found my summer drink of choice. And, if I disappear in the future, blame it on the mojito.
What’s your favorite summer drink?