Some of my favorite blogs show off what the authors wear. Without fail, they look stylish, put together and classy. Since you have all been begging me to show you what I wear on a daily basis, I thought I’d finally cave and show you. (Note: No one has actually asked this.) I mean, I’m totally oozing style out my ears. (Note: HA!)
Actually, I just thought it would be humorous (to me) to show you what I wear when I
have to work outside. This photo was taken during my photo shoot while I was raking leaves and doing some basic yard work last weekend.
Don’t I look like a bad mama-jama? (Full disclaimer: The wood pile is just for effect. Know that I had no part in creating that wood pile.)
Let me break down this look for you, in case you would like to re-create it at home:
– Gloves are a necessity because I hate getting dirt on my hands and especially under my fingernails. I have something against getting my hands dirty. This is much of the reason that I don’t like to camp (that, and sleeping on the floor, in a tent, without a shower or running water).
– Boots are important for two reasons. 1. They look pretty dang cool. 2. They keep the bottoms of my jeans from getting dirty. In a similar way to fingernails, dirty jean bottoms make me crazy (OCD much?) The boots take care of this.
– Sunglasses. I don’t work if I have sun in my eyes.
– The ponytail makes me look like I mean business.
– This sweatshirt is my bona fide “work shirt” and favorite all-around sweatshirt. If it’s dirty, I either wear it dirty or don’t work. When people see me, they ask, “Where is Woodward University?” And, I say, “It’s my last name, fools.”
So, there you go folks. Don’t go rushing out all at once to re-create this look. It may just been one of a kind. Kinda like me. (Thank goodness.)