I saw an article at the Nest about dates under $20.
You wanna know a secret? Ryan and I rarely go on a date that costs more than $20. That’s what happens when you marry a
I tried to think of the last time (or any time) that we’ve spent over $20.
It’s rare…. Rare enough that I cannot remember.
So, I thought to myself – what do we do for fun that costs under $20. Here’s a starter list:
– Visit the local Salvation Army and wander around looking for great finds (like our $18 dresser)
– Play tennis or boxing on the Wii (borrowed from Ryan’s parents, which just makes us more
– Spend an evening at Borders, where we can chill out for hours with nothing but a cup of mocha
– Go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, where we can both eat for under $15
– Walk the dogs together (only with warm weather, of course)
– Take a trip to Bishop Hill, where we spent the cost of gas and a cheap lunch
– Listen to free bands at local bars and restaurants on weekends (which usually are better than those with a cover charge)
– Visit the local library and read in the comfy chairs
– BBQ on the deck
– and this summer, hopefully we will spend time together growing our garden
So – What do you do for fun with your spouse (or kids) that doesn’t break the bank? Have you had to cut back on dates given the current economy?