I saw an article at the Nest about dates under $20.
You wanna know a secret? Ryan and I rarely go on a date that costs more than $20. That’s what happens when you marry a
I tried to think of the last time (or any time) that we’ve spent over $20.
It’s rare…. Rare enough that I cannot remember.
So, I thought to myself – what do we do for fun that costs under $20. Here’s a starter list:
– Visit the local Salvation Army and wander around looking for great finds (like our $18 dresser)
– Play tennis or boxing on the Wii (borrowed from Ryan’s parents, which just makes us more
– Spend an evening at Borders, where we can chill out for hours with nothing but a cup of mocha
– Go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, where we can both eat for under $15
– Walk the dogs together (only with warm weather, of course)
– Take a trip to Bishop Hill, where we spent the cost of gas and a cheap lunch
– Listen to free bands at local bars and restaurants on weekends (which usually are better than those with a cover charge)
– Visit the local library and read in the comfy chairs
– BBQ on the deck
– and this summer, hopefully we will spend time together growing our garden
So – What do you do for fun with your spouse (or kids) that doesn’t break the bank? Have you had to cut back on dates given the current economy?
Did you like this post?
We'd love to send you more inspiration and encouragement for your home. When you sign up below, we'll send you our free guide to save thousands on your next home project. Because your home shouldn't own you.